Thursday, September 27, 2007

Terrible Two's

So Canaan is a champion tantrum thrower. Being a 2 year old with limited language abilities, we have come to expect his morning outbursts if he doesn't get breakfast fast enough, or it isn't what he wants, or whatever. Usually we remove him from whatever the situation is for him to calm down. Anyway, so I was just cleaning the bathroom while the boys were watching Sesame Street, and Canaan comes in making his "I want something" noise. I ask him to show me and he leads me into the living room saying "Elmo." There was a song about family on the show at the time, and I told him he had to wait because we can't make Elmo come on. Canaan proceeds to have a FIT. And then Elmo's World came on. So much for showing him that throwing tantrums isn't a way to get what you want. Thanks, Elmo.

No comments: